Tuesday 10 February 2015

Midweek sports review

 






Apologies everyone I got my fixtures mixed up with the Rugby it wasn't France vs. Ireland but more about the rugby in another post. I remember when the premiership season was just freshly upon us and Liverpool had Tottenham away I was a little nervous it was Balotelli’s debut in fact I remember in the first half of that game  he could of scored with his first touch of the game (Let’s not bring up his season stats for goals or attempts at goal, cue hide face emoji). Back then Liverpool where still trying to shrug of the SUAREZ question (Can Liverpool cope without the goals of Suarez?) and yes we have struggled but at the time sterling was playing at the top of the diamond 4-1-2-1-2 now he has been converted to a striker and that has helped. I remember that game Gerrard scored his 43rd penalty setting a new club record, there where goals and Liverpool kept a clean sheet. Fast forward a little and the first part of this season has been dreadful but Rodgers has adapted, changed the formation and is seeming to cope without Suarez. Liverpool are in a fierce battle for the top 4.

The battle for the top 4 is what makes this game so interesting Tottenham are four points ahead of Liverpool and really hitting there stride. There derby win against Arsenal was fantastic and just like I said in my previous blog post having a striker in form like Kane is essential for there push towards a champions league spot. I’m even wandering where Liverpool would have been if they had some of his calibre to rely on while Sturridge has been out injured. I’m not knocking Lambert or borini or Balotelli but none of them have been as prolific as Kane this season.

I’m hoping and predicting that Liverpool win this 2-1 however Tottenham are on a good run of form so it could be 2-2.

In the other midweek fixtures I’m predicting wins for Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd, Man city, Sunderland however the rest of the fixtures will be draws.

No comments:

Post a Comment