Wednesday 11 June 2014

The world cup is upon us!

Welcome or should I say Sejam muito bem-vindos!A copa do mundo está sobre nó (For those of you who are not as fluent in the language as I am this means welcome the world cup is upon us! After all the wait the World cup is finally today! And this year its in Brazil,I'm super excited as we go into the next 30 days which will be filled with action, excitement, glory and inevitable heartbreak for some. The world Cup is by far the biggest sporting competition in the world. For a country like Brazil there is always expectation there is always a high standard of players with names such as Pelé,Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, ronaldo, Zico, Garrincha. To be honest the list can go on and on. Brazil is not sprinkled its completely drenched and soaked with talent at all age groups.


 For me this year I think Brazil will win it. Here are my reasons why: 1)No European side has won a world cup on the Americas (Gives Brazil a 1 in 6 chance) 2)No country has beaten Brazil on its home turf in 12 years 3)The nations fans will roar them on to victory These may not be good enough reasons for some but I just feel that its Brazil's time, i also forgot to mention that Brazil have the most wins in the competition 67!!! There star man is definitely going to be Neymar I remember watching the confederation cup (2013) and thinking OK lets see for all this Neymar talk lets see what he can do and my my was I blown away!! He can frustrate you with his theatricals but in terms of moments of brilliance he can deliver when it matters his wonder goal in the 3rd minute of the 1st game against Japan proved it and I truly hope he does the same today!


The tournament in Brazil will be an amazing spectacle as will as predicting the winners brazil I think Neymar will be the player of the tournament with the surprise team of the tournament being my Beloved Ghana. I think France will underachieve with them not making it past the group stages. Klose to win THE Golden boot as he graces the world cup for the last time and Ozil will be the Assist king! Last but not least here are my top 10 wonderkids for the FIFA world cup 2014 (In no particular order)
1)Julian Draxler
2)Adnan Januzaj
3)"Bruno" Martins Indi
4)Lucas Digne
5)Paul Pogba
6)Raheem Sterling
7)Ross Barkley
8)Marco Verratti
9)Mateo Kovačić
10)Jordan Ayew

 Odds for the world cup 3-1 Brazil, 5-1 Argentina, 11-2 Germany, 7-1 Spain, 14-1 Belgium, 22-1 France, Colombia 25-1 Italy, 28-1 England, Uruguay, 33-1 Portugal, Holland, Chile, 66-1 BAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment